Every weekday, Motherisk counsellors share evidence-based information with women and health care providers who call the Motherisk Helplines. CLICK HERE for HELPLINE NUMBERS
Our Website Sponsors
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Resources
Current Studies at Motherisk
The Safety of Diclectin in Breastfeeding
Neurodevelopment of Children Exposed in-Utero to Chemotherapy for Maternal Breast Cancer (Dr. I Nulman)
Diclegis Surveillance Program Study
Diclectin Surveillance Program Study
Study seeks women between 4 and 12 weeks in their pregnancy with morning sickness (NVP)
Pregnancy in Women with Multiple Sclerosis
Alcohol Use during Pregnancy
Lamisil in Pregnancy
Meridia in Pregnancy
Autoimmune Diseases in Pregnancy Project
Consuming non-alcoholic beer and other beverages during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Although there are no studies evaluating the safety of consuming non-alcoholic beverages during pregnancy, these drinks might contain higher ethanol levels than what is indicated on their labels. more »
Natural doesn't always mean safe.
Some women and their health care providers may be hesitant to take or prescribe drugs during pregnancy and may seek natural health products as alternatives to pharmaceutical drugs. Are they safe during pregnancy? Learn more »
Safety of tacrolimus in pregnancy
I have a 30-year-old patient who had a kidney transplant 2 years ago. She is now planning a pregnancy. She has been treated with tacrolimus since her transplant. Will it be safe for the fetus if she continues to take it during the pregnancy or should she switch to a different antirejection medication?
learn more »»
Operations of Motherisk Drug Testing Lab Suspended
March 5, 2015 (Toronto) – The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) announced today that it has suspended all non-research operations of the Motherisk Drug Testing Laboratory until an independent review is completed in June.
The Government of Ontario launched an independent review of the Motherisk hair analysis program, with the full support of The Hospital for Sick Children, in November of 2014. The Honourable Susan Lang has been leading the independent review. Read more
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids and fetal brain development
- Acides gras polyinsaturés et développement du cerveau ftal. Promesses brisées
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor discontinuation during pregnancy. At what risk?
- Discontinuer les inhibiteurs sélectifs du recaptage de la sérotonine durant la grossesse. À quel prix?
- Is it safe to use inhaled corticosteroids in pregnancy?
- L'inhalation de corticostéroïdes est-elle sécuritaire durant la grossesse?
- Consuming non-alcoholic beer and other beverages during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Boire de la bière et d'autres boissons sans alcool durant la grossesse et l'allaitement
- Safety of the newer class of opioid antagonists in pregnancy
- Sécurité de la plus récente classe d'antagonistes des opioӗdes durant la grossesse
- Using nitrofurantoin while breastfeeding a newborn
- La nitrofurantoïne durant l'allaitement d'un nouveau-né
- Bias against the null hypothesis - Scaring pregnant women about drugs in pregnancy
- Biais contre l'hypothèse nulle - Effrayer les femmes enceintes au sujet des médicaments durant la grossesse