1-877-439-2744 Motherisk Helpline
1-800-436-8477 Morning Sickness
1-877-327-4636 Alcohol and Substance
1-866-937-7678 Exercise in Pregnancy
416-813-6780 Motherisk Helpline
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Resources
Read more in our News Archive
Motherisk Book List
Herbal Medicines in Pregnancy and Lactation - An Evidence-Based Approach(E. Mills, JJ. Dugoua, D. Perri, G. Koren, eds). Taylor & Francis, 2006
Edward Mills Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto, Canada
Jean-Jacques Dugoua Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto, Canada
Dan Perri University of Toronto, Canada
Gideon Koren University of Toronto, Canada
Taylor & Francis
January 2006 / ISBN: 0415373921 / 360 pp.
Herbal Medicines in Pregnancy and Lactation focuses entirely on the therapeutics, safety and risk information of herbs and supplements used during pregnancy and lactation for obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine specialists, and primary care physicians.Organized like standard works on the safety profiles of drugs, this important text
- includes section categories such as benefit profile and traditional uses, pharmacology and toxicology, interactions, and adverse events
- was researched using a systematic review method, enabling the busy physician to view quickly and easily the grade of evidence supporting the information provided
- covers area of patient concern where few information resources exist
- stresses evidence-based research, particularly important in this field
- Introduction - Why is This Book Needed, and How to Use It?
- Plant Constituents - What Are the Terms That May Be Found in the Book?
- Definitions in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Evidence Grades
- Botanical Medicines
To order, click here.